In the darkness, something is coming...

It has been a long week. I started out with the best of intentions, but somehow ended up getting sidetracked anyway. It is frustrating.

I am being tempted with an offer that is nearly too good to refuse. It would be so easy to say yes, but as much as I want it, I also know that God is saying it isn't my time. I have so much going on, so much left to do.

Adam and I were talking earlier about a big decision we are in the process of making. He asked me if I thought we would ever be really ready. To be honest the answer for this decision and my offer are the same. No, there will probably never be a perfect time, but the God I serve is a God of will and purpose. He has a plan for me and all I can do is watch for his signs!

And there are signs, and he does still speak. I will listen carefully, even in the darkness.



Comments

  1. Time and circumstances alter all the time, but your core remains the same. I have made the greatest decisions in my life with this core. So far, they turned out to be right ones. Of course this takes looking deep inside yourself and contemplation. Sometimes offers you can't refuse are there to take, because if you didn't you'd stand still. Sometimes they only seem irrefusable.
    Good luck with the choices you have to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My core/spirit/soul is standing strong on this. The woman making the offer is refusing to take no for an answer even to the point of questioning what I am hearing. It is complicated by my want of the job, but it is basically an unpaid part-time job and I just can't add one more thing on top right now. I know God is right about this and I have to stay strong in this. In another year I think I will be in a place to handle this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am fat.

I'm still fat.

Saturday, NPR Day! Everybody happy? Well, I should say!