Santorwrong

by Jeff Darcy, Cleveland Plain Dealer
So I doubt it will come as a surprise to anyone who knows me that Santorum scares the crap out of me. He looks like a nice guy and then he opens his mouth and says things like "CO2 is a pollutant? Tell that to the plants." and I just want to scream. 


I like to think that the only reason someone goes into politics is because they really think they can make a change for the better in some way or another. I cannot imagine someone willingly putting their lives and the lives of their family up to the media scrutiny of any political race, much less the presidential one, without them really, truly believing good could come of it. So I have to believe that as much as I disagree with nearly everything that comes out of his mouth, Rick Santorum honestly wants what he thinks is best for America.


He does not deserve (and we, as Americans do not deserve) this.
By Monte Wolverton
 It is 2012 people. Do we really need to be afraid of Catholics? Or any religion? 
By David Fitzsimmons, Arizona Star
Before you say it, I realize these are political cartoons and therefore tend to create caricatures of their subjects in order to get their point across. I am just saying that this is too much.


I don't need to demonize his or any religion to get across my point of Santorum being a nut, though I can imagine a cartoon of a small, orphan tree asking "please sir, may I have some more?" of a huge, pollutant producing factory. I just wondered what you guys would think of these?


For the record, they all come from the Cagle Post, to which I have subscribed.  There are days I laugh until I cry and days I just cry when I read them. Also for the record, on the right man (i.e. my husband) sweater vests are a turn on. :)

Comments

  1. He scares the crap out of me too. I will seriously leave the country if he gets anywhere near the White House. And it's not even his religion- I certainly don't like his ideas about how church and state shouldn't be separated, but I don't hate him because of his religion. I hate him because he hates women. Or at least, has no respect for them and feels that it's his right to tell us what we can and can't do with our own bodies.
    But

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally agree with his disrespect of women. I just don't understand it. I just hate when religion is used like that. And since he is Catholic, using the Pope seems like a scare tactic. Especially when he makes stupid statements about JFK!

      Delete
    2. Omg I know! The JFK thing blew my mind. I wanted to shake him- People are skittish about Catholic presidents for whatever reason (although he's making a pretty good case for why we shouldn't have one). Everybody loved JFK. Telling the world that his speech made you want to vomit is a BAD marketing strategy. Duh.

      Delete
  2. He scare me, too. I used to think I just didn't like him but now I know that I'm afraid. I think his comments about Protestants may have turned off a lot of his voters that he needed. At least, I hope so.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am fat.

I'm still fat.

Saturday, NPR Day! Everybody happy? Well, I should say!