The Long Hello

I learned a lesson tonight that has been over six months in the
making. You would think with all the subtle hints -- and sometimes
flashing neon lights -- God has put in my way in that time, I would
have seen it coming, but I didn't.
It has come at a good time. I am in the midst of a great transition.
New town. New job (though I am still hunting). New life. New Laura!
In the learning of this lesson, I am getting even closer to breaking
the rest of the ties still holding me down to my old self. I am
evolving and learning to trust my instincts, even, and perhaps
especially, when it hurts.
I am hurt now, just as I was all those months ago when God first
whispered to my heart, but I will grow from this. I want to get this
lesson right this time. It's too painful to repeat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am fat.

I'm still fat.

Santorwrong