Stop the World, I Want to Get Off!

This was a post I swear I posted last night but I can't find it.  That may have been God or maybe it wasn't.  Regardless, I am posting it now...

Everyone keeps talking about how good her color is, that she is laughing in her sleep, and just watch her smile.  Oh, and how cute is it when she calls her husband sweetheart?

And it is all I can do not to scream.

They don't realize she is on five different blood pressure medications and yet it's still not low enough.  Her pulse is ranging from ten to twenty-five points too high.  And no one is really sure if she is calling him sweetheart because she loves him or she just can't remember his name.

Don't tell me to be positive until you've sat up most of the night listening to strange alarms and struggling to understand messages on the screen.  Don't try to placate me until you have looked into the nurse's eyes and seen the worry and uncertainty there.  And for God's sake don't mention her color until you've watched it drain from her face so fast you wonder if it was ever there at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm still fat.

I am fat.

Santorwrong