One Thing Remains

It's nearly half past two in the morning. I am sitting in a beautiful atrium in the middle of the Galt House. Snow is coming down all around me, and it is absolutely peaceful... or it would be if the room weren't also full of other crazy youth leaders who are up late and enjoying each other's company. Still, it is beautiful to watch the large flakes swirl around in the lights of a sleepy cityscape.

This has been a difficult weekend for me. Adam has been sick most of the weekend which always stresses me out. Because he hasn't felt the best, he also hasn't been the nicest husband in the world this weekend. We have been pushing each other buttons for the last few days, in true WBH-LJ style. I've also been dealing with confronting some tough truths about myself and how I have been living the last year or so.

Fun times.

The good news is that my physical therapy seems to be helping. The stretches I am doing each day seem to be having the desired effect, as strange as they are. :) I am hoping the pain will continue to ebb and I will be able to do more and be more of myself.

I am so grateful that I was able to be here this weekend. I have learned a lot, but more important than that, I have been refreshed and renewed. Renewal is what I asked God for and he has certainly delivered.

One of the songs from worship the other night has stuck with me and so I thought I would share. 


Higher than the mountains that i face
Stronger than the power of the grave

constant in the trial and the change

One thing remains

Your love never fails
It never gives up
It never runs out on me

Because on and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And i'll never, ever, have to be afraid

One thing remains

In death

In life 
I'm confident and covered by the Power of Your great love

My dept is paid 
Theres nothing that can separate
My heart from Your great love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am fat.

I'm still fat.

Santorwrong