Throbbing, and not in the good way

I have a cold.  I realize that is probably true for a high percentage of the population at this time of the year, but I am especially annoying with a cold.  I don't have a high tolerance for sinus pressure or sore throats.  I hate constantly blowing my nose.  My skin is practically shedding a layer from all the hand sanitizer I have used in the last few days.  I even left work early today because I simply could not go on like this any longer. I am determined to be fully recovered by Friday, so I have spent the day eating, drinking (water and tea; nothing stronger), taking pills, and sleeping.

I am also thinking.  Which really is just unfair when you think about it.  Surely my body is uncomfortable enough as it is?  I don't need my mind to be uncomfortable as well!

I want more out of life than what I have right now.  I have gotten to a place of... not quite contentment, not quite complacency, but somewhere in between.  I have been settling for life as it is and not struggling upward, as it were.  I  know I want more, but at the moment I have no idea how to proceed toward that.  On Tuesday I have an appt with a doctor.  I will hopefully be able to get help with my depression and the other things that have been going on in my life then.  After that...  Well, who knows?  I just know that there is something I am supposed to be going with my life and now, I am determined to go after it.

But, that could just be the NyQuil talking.  :)

Night, all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm still fat.

I am fat.

Appeal