There are two kinds of people...

"There are two kinds of people in the world..." It's a phrase you often hear repeated followed by a silly joke or an offensive division, or perhaps something in between. But, I am beginning to learn there are not two types of people or four or six in the world. There are as many kinds of people in the world as there are people in the world. 

That sounds lonely and it can be. But there are things you and I share in common that draw us together. Whether it is the love of a place or television show, or perhaps a craft or professional experience, we are brought into community by the ties between us, the ties that bind us. It is important to remember that even those bound together through their own free will are still distinctive types. That does not go away, but sometimes we forget to treasure the things that make us unique in a world that strives toward a mediocrity of sameness.

I am unique. No one is, was, or will ever be just like me in every way. No one else can play the part I've been assigned in this crazy world of ours. It's something I hold tight to everyday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am fat.

I'm still fat.

Santorwrong