Eddie Izzard, There are worse role models...

I have been trying to tweet for an hour.  Just one tweet, not even that witty of a tweet, but Twitter has been overloaded.  I blame the #WorldCup, whether that is fair or not.  I really don't care.  All I know is there is a storm rolling through Lima, Twitter is overloaded, I am out of pajama bottoms, and I am annoyed.

I suppose an evening of annoyance makes sense considering that is how I spent my day.  I woke up late this morning, so of course my roommate was in the bathroom.  I realize that isn't her fault, but really it figures.  While I was in the shower I realized that I have been far less grateful lately than I normally am I.  Instead of pulling me out of my funk, this only annoyed me more.  Even while praying for forgiveness and praising God for all the blessings in my life, I was running through the house annoyed that I couldn't find the shoes I wanted to wear and trying to figure out what pants I had clean that didn't need ironing.  Work was an exercise in restraint.  Even a high soprano, sweet woman, singing one of my favorite songs, flat.  * insert shudders here *

Since coming back to my current abode, I have hidden myself away in my bedroom.  I watched Marilyn Hotchkiss' Ballroom Dancing & Charm School followed by two Eddie Izzard specials and I am wrapping up my evening with Victor/Victoria.  It's been quite the night.  I also repainted my nails (OPI Dutch Tulips, my favorite color) and plucked my brows: Eddie's influence, of course.  I worked on my range a bit with Julie (though it would take a miracle and a half for me to be even close to the same class as her).  I considered doing laundry, which is closer to actually doing it than I have been in a week.  Really it hasn't been a bad night at all, but I am going to bed as I started, annoyed.

Here's hoping that tomorrow I will be a bit more like my current role model and a little more giving and a lot more grateful.



...also, his grip on ancient history would be a plus for me too. :)

Comments

  1. If even Eddie and Julie couldn't get you out of your mood, it was probably wise to go to bed and go to bed with the wise words of Anne of Green Gables: Tomorrow is another day. With no mistakes in it.
    Here's to hoping you wake up happy and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be negative but sometimes I think we just need to have those days. And when people try to pull me out of that mood, I just get more annoyed. That does sound like a nice ending to your day, though.

    P.S. I also like Eddie's take on guns ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm still fat.

I am fat.

Appeal