Go Fund Me

I took my car to a locally owned shop yesterday to get the exhaust system checked out. I don't drive very often anymore because most days, I do not trust my concentration levels. If I can't read through a paragraph and remember what it was about before I start the next, I have no business on the street. But lately I have been avoiding the Blueberry because it was rattling and incredibly loud. I knew something was going on with the muffler and from when I had to have it checked out once before, I knew the muffler was going to be expensive to replace. Luckily, the issue was the same as last time. It seems there is a weakness in the exhaust system that causes a certain point in the pipe, ahead of the muffler, to rust out. A $45 patch and repair job later, I was on my way.

I have been worrying about that repair for weeks, terrified of how much it would cost and how we would ever pay for it. One of the reasons I have really struggled with asking for help was that Adam's salary pretty much covers our bills other than my medical bills. If it wasn't for medical bills and eating, we might be able to make it work, but we have to eat. I've met our high deductible every year since 2011 and I'm well on my way this year. That was bad enough when I was working, but now it is just impossible.

And I don't think everyone realizes how desperate something as small as a repair on your car can make someone feel. We have barely any wiggle room left in our budget and nothing left in savings. We're stuck. And so, I agreed to my dear cousin's suggestion of creating a Go Fund Me fundraiser for us.

The donations we received over the first night made me comfortable enough to have my car checked out. It lifted a bit of the burden created by this situation and helped me find some light. I know that not everyone is going to be okay with us asking for help in this way, but please understand that we have tried everything else we could. Adam has looked at getting a second job, but as he has full responsibility for care of the house, the dogs, and, most of the time, me, there aren't many hours left in the day. Watching him struggle, even as he encourages me each and every day, is what made me realize we needed to ask for help.

I am incredibly grateful to all those who offer support financially, spiritually, and emotionally.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/LauraPainReliefFund

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am fat.

I'm still fat.

Santorwrong