Awake...

I'm at war with the world
And they try to pull me into the dark
I struggle to find my faith
As I'm slipping from your arms

It's getting harder to stay awake 
And my strength is fading fast
You breathe into me at last

I'm at war with the world
'Cause I ain't never gonna sell my soul
I've already made up my mind
No matter what, I can't be bought or sold

When my faith is getting weak
And I feel like giving in
You breathe into me again

~~excerpts from Awake And Alive by Skillet~~


For the second night in a row, I find myself up late for no good reason. I am in bed watching Cagney and Lacey episodes and listening to my puppy snore. It's been a long, tiring day, though I didn't do much.

We had counselor training this weekend in Bowling Green. It was nice to see the counseling crowd. It's funny; we spend one week a year together and yet they are some of my favorite people in the world, closer and more precious to me that most of my family. People have come and gone over the years, but even then they remain part of our network. It's a collaborative environment unlike anything I have ever known. Walking in, I instantly feel that "safe place" I work so hard to create for my kids. I hope everyone has a chance to encounter something like it.

We had been home just long enough for me to curl up with Xander to start a nap when I realized I was supposed to be working on salads and shredded chicken for the after-Church luncheon tomorrow. I was at church until 10:30, when I left the ever-faithful Jayne Ellen to finish up. By that time I was so exhausted, I was awake. 

Awake.

I really love this Skillet song. I really love most Skillet songs to be honest. I have been a fan of theirs for years, even before I actually realized the songs I loved belonged to them. This one has been coming to my mind often lately. I keep waiting for that breath.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am fat.

I'm still fat.

Saturday, NPR Day! Everybody happy? Well, I should say!